NEW and Exclusive to Sporting Saint
Introducing the BG Rabbit Dummy... a lifelike dummy to aid the training of your dogs.
Approx. Weight 700g Overall length 48cm
Designed, tested and reviewed by Ben Randall of Beggarbush Gundogs, as featured in the March Edition of the Gundog Journal
As a British Manufacturer, Sporting Saint are delighted to have worked alongside Ben with creating and designing yet another ground breaking dummy for the Gundog market. Our expectations for the BG Rabbit are that its lifelike quality will provide any trainer with the perfect training tool for many years to come.
Ben’s words on the design
During my decades of training, I have always looked to improve my training tools and I am always trying to make them as realistic and beneficial as possible to prepare my dogs for the real thing.
Canvas dummies are essential items in all our training bags, and, like everybody, I have used them for decades I also want more advanced tools to help develop my dogs further.
That's why I was so pleased to work with Sporting Saint on the development and design of this life-sized dummy rabbit dummy, which is a first for Sporting Saint and is brand new on the market.
One of the many reasons I love working with Sporting Saint is that everything is made in house here in Herefordshire. Throughout the development of this rabbit many prototypes were made and tried on all my working dog breeds until we found the one that consistently worked and lasted the rigours of training here at my BG training kennels.
When asked why I developed this the answer is the same as always - I am always looking for that little bit extra to help my dogs in their training and development. And for me everybody should have at least one of these in their training toolbox.
Why wouldn't you have one if it will enhance your training for the field and for competitions?
Benefits of this Dummy
- This rabbit dummy was made with realistic rabbit ears, eyes, head, and legs. And it is made in such a way that, if the rabbit is picked up by the dog in the centre of the body, it simulates how a real rabbit is carried, with the legs and the head flopping either side of the dog's mouth.
- One great benefit of that is teaching your dogs that if they hold it centrally it will allow them to have the correct weight balance in their mouth to allow them to run swim or jump far more effectively.
- Another benefit of this new development is that when you throw them by holding the back legs you can slide them across the floor to create the rabbit scent along the ground. This teaches the dog to line scent as well.
- When I am training for rabbit shooting or rabbit trials, I find this is an invaluable training tool - making that sometimes-tricky transition from training to the real thing as seamless as possible.
- Further to that whenever I get the rabbit dummy out of my bag, I can see my dogs' reaction change. Even the novice dogs that don't know what a rabbit lift prick their ears a little bit more and focus that bit harder. Likewise, the experienced dogs also seem to switch on even more than usual, because this is as close to the real thing as possible.
BG Rabbit Dummy
Customers Also Viewed
Very good training aid or for fun use. Rolls along the ground leaving a scent trail Throwing toggle for extra range Great training tool for encouraging young or adult dogs that do not wish to pick...
The Ruffwear Front Range Harness is a comfortable, durable harness designed for everyday use. It features a padded chest and belly panel for added comfort, as well as two leash attachment points: an...
The Puppy Rabbit Dummy by Sporting Saint Small, light weight and perfect for those very early stages of puppy training Covered with rabbit skin to help introduce your pup to fur at a young age. No...
Ruffwear's Webmaster Harness is a supportive, multi-use harness for dogs built for maneuvering and assisting dogs up and over obstacles. The Webmaster is the preferred dog harness used by many...
Produces a solid, Single, High frequency tone Black, orange, Lime Green, Baby Blue, Yellow, Purple, Chocolate 210.5 Ultra high pitch, Without a pea.
Supplied as a set of 2 boots. These shoes are the ideal rain and snow shoe, as well as being perfect for water sports and protection from wounds caused by dragging paws. They are orthopaedic and...
The Monsoon raincoat is an essential outfit for every dog in rainy, windy or muddy weather. The entirely new technical structure of the collar means that the seams can be taped even more...
1/2 lb canvas throwing dummy wrapped in cured rabbit fur. Canvas training dummy with throwing toggle. NB. A retrieval training tool and not a toy/chew toy.
1 lb Dual Rabbit Canvas Training Dummy. This dummydesigned for the transition from training with a canvas dummy to training with a fully furred dummy. NB. A retrieval training tool and not a toy/chew...
Introducing The Flight Pheasant Dummy Range by Sporting Saint A Pheasant Print available across our range of quality dummies. Each dummy, just like a pheasant bird has its own unique pattern. The...